Best Albums of 2015
Grimy Goods’ Best Albums of 2015 are in! It was a strong year for women in music. From rising stars, Courtney Barnett and Grimes, to the more seasoned Florence + The Machine, Peaches, and Sleater-Kinney, the women represented fiercely for much of the year’s best full-length records. As we look back at the albums that meant the most to us—whether lyrically, by sound or both—we’ve kept our selections to 45 albums. With Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly, Thee Oh Sees’ Mutilator Defeated at Last, and Jamie xx’s In Colour, all the tasty flavors form the musical rainbow were present. Check out below our selections for the Best Albums of 2015.
1. Kendrick Lamar — To Pimp a Butterfly
2. Florence + The Machine — How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
3. Courtney Barnett — Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit
4. Leon Bridges — Coming Home
5. The Picturebooks — Imaginary Horse