If you’re in the San Francisco area you best get your sweet ass down to this very awesome book release extravaganza for “A Heartbeat and a Guitar: Johnny Cash and the Making of Bitter Tears.” On Thursday, Nov. 5 (7pm) at the Make Out Room in San Francisco, D’Ambrosio and several outstanding Bay Area musicians will come together to bring this story of Cash’s most controversial album to life through readings and songs.
8 Reasons You Better Go!
- Sweet ass book about Johnny Cash’s virtually unknown folk protest record Bitter Tears.
- Hosted with readings from the book by author Antonino D’Ambrosio
- Anecdotes from legendary rock photographer Jim Marshall (one of my favs)
- Performances by: Tiny Television, Yard Sale, Billy and Dolly (of the Monolith)
- Plus! A special guest to-be-announced! Hmm…
- After-Party with DJ Foodcourt and his Pals
- 34 never before seen photos from photographers Jim Marshall and Diana Davies.
- The original book cover artwork is by artist Shepard Fairey.