When you look a the big picture, Twitter is all a game of “follow-the-leader” where the rules of he-said-she-said do apply. It’s no wonder so many dumbasses misspelled the late and great, John Lennon’s name on this very important day of his untimely death.
If you’re a true fan, I think you would know these variations are all bogus: Jon Lennon, John Lemon, Jon Lenin, and the most common: John Lenon. Hopefully for most, it was a slip of the thumb (shit knows I’ve done that many times) or a language barrier. One Twitterer claims the misspellings are due to royalty payments. Wow … saving-face much?
Rest in peace Mr. Lennon your music and soul has touched us all. I hope this post gave you a chuckle or two.
Click on the hyperlinked Twitter names below to see the bozo tweets. The italics are my commentary.
Posted by: Sandra Burciaga
- @mariannejonas3 – Where the hell did you hear that? Please move on with your jesus-god-preaching bull shit.
- @ImmaTweetBitch – Wow really? You’re so dumb! Calling misspellings out and you even misspelled his name! Sheesh yourself!
- @pav20 – Ugg, kind of feel bad for this one (actually all of them since it’s an RT). I don’t think he passed grade school (either that or he’s from Middle America).
- @vibratingass – OMG! Stop already! I’m getting sick to my stomach. Damn kids.
- @ibkt – No, it’s not cute and neither are you.
- @anthonyjeselnik – I hope that was a joke tweet Mr. famous comedian with almost 10k followers. Because even you spelled Lennon’s name wrong.
- @BuckyGermonatta – Go figure. It’s Lady Gaga related. No wonder.
- @Wake_up_service – Okay captain-save-a-ho. First spell the man’s name right before you start acting badass.
- @FeedPaulLewis – Lay off the “dope!”