What’s going on this Halloween in Los Angeles? You’re probably asking yourself that question (and so are we). While many people choose to hit up a good old house party, bar or night club, we here at Grimy Goods are all about the live music. What better way to spend Halloween in Los Angeles than with a kick ass Halloween concert! There’s plenty of rad shows to rock your soul to the grave, but we’ve narrowed it down to six shows. Check out below our selections for the six best Halloween concerts in Los Angeles.
1. Jello Biafra & the Guantanamo School of Medicine — Any show on Halloween night at the infamous Alex’s Bar (aka Fangtasia) is always going to be a good time. But this Saturday, Alex’s Bar has the one-and-only punk man, Jello Biafra and his Guantanamo School of Medicine performing. Supporting acts include our friends Death Hymn Number 9 (who always dress up for a sinister occasion even when it’s not Halloween) and Fartbarf. It’s going to be quite the reckless Halloween show. Do not miss out.
2. Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Live w/ Danny Elfman at Hollywood Bowl — Every year around Halloween, Tim Burton and Danny Elfman cook up a ghoulish great time. This year they are taking the fun under the starry sky at the Hollywood Bowl. Get lost in the creepy beautiful sounds from The Nightmare Before Christmas. It all comes to life with Elfman and a live orchestra! Costumes are permited, but just make sure they don’t block people’s views!
$29.50 – $255 tickets
3. Melvins at The Echo
What’s a Los Angeles Halloween without a good ole show in the city’s best underground venue!? The Echo will be hosting a heavy Halloween. Warping our minds with their epic Sludge metal, frontman Buzz Osborne is always a sight to see with his wild mane and eccentric man moo moos. We’re excited to see what the The Sorcerer will conjure up on this Halloween night. Hepa-Titus open.
4. HARD Day of the Dead at Pomona Fairplex
For all those that like to wake up the dead with heavy beats and dancing, HARD Day of the Dead is the place to be. The two-day Halloween event will kick off at the Pomona Fairplex on none other than Halloween night and will feature Deadmau5, Hot Chip, Nero, Flying Lotus, Future, and many more. There will be many festive tricks and treats, along with a bunch of people in their best “sexy” Halloween costumes.
5. Danzig at Microsoft Theater
Even if Danzig can be a total diva, he’s still the OG of darkness. From blues rock to goth and doom metal, Danzig will rock your soul. Supporting Danzig are Prong, Veil of Maya, Superjoint Ritual and Witch Mountain. Even if this wasn’t a Halloween show, we’re sure everyone would still be dressed in all black. Be sure to wear your black Sunday’s best for this Saturday affair.
$29.50 – $55
6. Travis Scott at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
A disciple of Yeezy, Travis Scott will bring his wild hip hop show to the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel’s Halloween bash along with other special performances throughout the night. The party spans the entire property, from the ballroom to the pool, and will be fully decked out for the holiday. Scott will be delivering those explicit vocals and heavy bass, sure to make those Halloween booties shake. Don’t be surprised if the douchey Biebs shows up (it is that kind of event).
Want more Halloween show? Check out our weekly show list for more!