There’s a lot of “tribute” albums out there: some good, and some bloody awful. Anchorless Records has put out a tribute album to the ultimate man in black, Johnny Cash. The album labeled “All Aboard” has a pretty kickin 16-track selection of some of Cash’s best. Stream the entire album for FREE here and check it for yourself. A few stand outs are The Bouncing Souls, Hot Water Music, Russ Rankin (Good Riddance), and The Dresden Dolls (awesome).
Although there were a few I skipped right through after a few chords and vocals, the album’s worth a buy.
There’s a BONUS TRACK!
The liner notes include quotes from each contributing artist expressing what Johnny Cash, meant to them both musically and personally.
All proceeds from this record will go to the Syrentha Savio Endowment, a non-profit providing assistance to underprivileged breast-cancer patients.
- Man In Black: The Bouncing Souls
- Country Boy: Fallen >From The Sky
- Wreck Of The Old ’97: Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music)
- Let The Train Whistle Blow: Joe McMahon (Smoke or Fire)
- Delia’s Gone: Ben Nichols (Lucero)
- God’s Gonna Cut You Down: The Gaslight Anthem
- Cocaine Blues: The Loved Ones
- Give My Love To Rose: OnGuard (feat. Jason Shevchuk of Kid Dynamite and None More Black)
- I Still Miss Someone: Casey James Prestwood (Hot Rod Circuit)
- Hey Porter: MxPx
- Cry,Cry,Cry: The Flatliners
- Ballad of a Teenage Queen: The Dresden Dolls feat. Franz Nicolay of The Hold Steady
- Folsom Prison Blues: Chon Travis (Love = Death)
- There You Go: The Sainte Catherines
- I Walk The Line: Russ Rankin (Good Riddance, Only Crime)
- Bonus Track/Vinyl Only: Delia’s Gone (Alternate Version) Ben Nichols (Lucero)