Alright ya’ll, here’s your chance to score some pretty sweet tickets to one of LA’s hottest music festival, FYF Fest!
CONTEST #1: SUMMER DAYZ ROAD TRIP
Write a paragraph to FYF telling them why you want to get away. The best letter will receive the following:
- $300 For Gas
- $200 Cash
- 2 Nights at a nice hotel.
- 4 VIP passes
- 4 tickets to see the pride and joy of our city, the Dodgers on Sunday, September 6th.
All submissions should be sent to FYFcontests@gmail.com. Please include your full name, phone number and address. The winner will be picked on Friday, August 28th. Runners up will receive VIP tickets to the festival. Doesn’t matter where you live or your age. This contest is open to all.
CONTEST #2: KEEP THE PARKS ALIVE
On July 28, the Governor signed the state budget. It contained an additional $6M cut to state parks, bringing the total General Fund cut for this budget year to $14.2M. It is expected that this will result in the closure of more than 100 state parks.
This contest is in conjunction with the California State Parks Foundation and is about contacting your legislative representatives and the Governor to let them know how much California’s state parks mean to you. FYF is putting together some amazing prizes for those who draft and submit the best stories of their time spent at any of the 279 state parks across California. The grand prize winner will receive a gift bag consisting of records and CDs by the artists performing at the event, a huge care package including backpacks, watches, magazine subscriptions etc. And four VIP passes for the festival. 10 Runner ups will receive passes to the festival.
This is how you do it:
1) Click this link to get to the take action center on the California State Park Foundation’s website: http://ga3.org/campaign/budget072909
3) Submit the letter
3) Forward the response letter that automatically gets sent to you to FYFCONTEST@GMAIL.COM and you are automatically entered in the contest.
4) For an extra special prize customize the letter and talk about the most fun you have ever had at a state park and send it with your entry letter.
The winners will be announced on Friday, Aug. 21st. So submit your memories and tell your Representatives to KEEP OUR STATE PARKS open.
We need to act now as the list of over 100 State slated for closure will be announced after September 1st!
For more information please visit www.FYFFEST.com