This week’s Friday round up of albums streams are pretty damn good. From ’76 punk-inspired tunes and fantasy-like electro folk, to British invasion psych pop and more — all the albums below are worth a listen. Stream our recommended new albums stream before their release dates featuring Temples, Fanfarlo, Py Py, the Casket Girls and Cibo Matto.
1. Temples — Sun Structures: If you were a fan of the 1960’s British invasion, where bands such as the Beatles, the Kinks and the Rolling Stones brought their riveting rock ‘n’ roll across the pond, you will definitely dig Kettering, England’s Temples. These boys deliver a yesteryear British pop sound with a psychedelic jam twist. Think Tame Impala meets the Beatles. Temples are playing Coachella and their debut full-length, Sun Structures is out February 11 via Fat Possum Click here to stream the album.
2. Fanfarlo — Let’s Go Extinct: London-based Fanfarlo return with their third full-length record, Let’s Go Extinct. Known for their catchy and whimsical sound, the new record is just as lovely as their past catalog, if not more. With gorgeous arrangements, that sound like it should be the score of an 80s fantasy adventure flick, Fanfarlo take their melodies through an intergalactic tunnel of love on this new album. The record is due for release on February 11 via the band’s own label, New World Records. Stream the album below.
3. PyPy — Pagan Day: They’re from Montreal and they’re a D.I.Y. punk supergroup you need to get down with. Fronted by Duchess Says’ Annie-Claude and Red Mass/CPC Gangbangs’ Choyce, PyPy’s debut album, Pagan Day, is a manic punk blast to the past a la Stooges, New York Dolls and Suzi Quatro. The album is set for release Feb. 11 via Slovenly / Black Gladiator. Click here to stream the album.
4. The Casket Girls — True Love Kills the Fairy Tale: Whoever thought that a couple Southern Georgia peaches would form a band called the Casket Girls. Sisters, Phaedra and Elsa Greene create “eerie” (but not so eerie) dream pop that will have every high school hipsterette singing along to their tunes. From sweet and innocent tunes, to fuzz driven raucous garage jams — these cute blondes have some pretty cool tunes to offer. The Casket Girls will release their sophomore album, True Love Kills the Fairy Tale, on February 11 via Graveface Records. Stream the album below.
5. Cibo Matto — Hotel Valentine: The ground-breaking and genre-bending Japanese duo, Cibo Matto, are back! It’s been 15 years since Cibo Matto cut a new record. On Feb. 14th, Cibo Matto will release their new LP, Hotel Valentine via Chimera Music. The album is a playful mix of electro rock and trip-hop, all to the weird styling that the girls are known for. Click here to stream the album.