The fast approaching winter holiday season is nipping at our heels, and with that comes great gift giving responsibility. The shopping related anxiety that comes with picking those perfect gifts can prove a tad overwhelming sometimes. Where to turn you ask? Well, Santa ain’t got a clue, but some of your favorite bands do.
Bands are taking note and lending a hand to keep you from epic gift giving failure by offering some unique and limited edition merchandise items to celebrate this special time of year. Specialty retro music items also make for nice additions to your stocking stuffers or white elephant exchanges. Make it a surprisingly merry holiday instead, by stepping up your gift giving game with some fun holiday band swag. Who knows, your crazy uncle just might secretly be a huge Metallica fan.
The Warm & Fuzzies!
1. Father John Misty’s newest album, I Love You, Honeybear will keep your ears content this holiday season but it sure won’t protect you thermally. Buy one of these ridiculous FJM sweaters (pictured above) for quirky Aunt Sheila or hipster cousin Rachel and you will be racking up the cool points. Purchase here.
2. Rowdy rock n’ rollers Deer Tick have you covered this year with ugly christmas sweaters in a set of traditional Christmas colors: red, green and white. Throw in the grey beanie with black pom pom and your holiday ensemble is complete. Purchase here.
3. Metal icons, Metallica, have a slew of holiday swag but most notably the Master of Puppets Christmas sweater. Any Metallica fan, old or new, will surely feel cozy as fuck while wrapped up in this acrylic / wool delight. Purchase here.
4. Holidays are a gluttonous time of year where our caloric intake increases ten fold because we are doing it up with food, sugary drinks, alcohol and more food. Feel free to keep on indulging though because Andrew Jackson Jihad have the perfect solution: AJJ sweatpants with their logo on the front and “sorry” written across the butt. AJJ also mention that the sweatpants also run big and are in no way flattering. Sounds like a perfect new pair of holiday fat pants! Purchase here.
5. Hip-hop living legends, Wu-Tang Clan, blessed us over 20 years ago with their debut album Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). This year the hip-hop lovers in your life will feel extra blessed if you gift them with the 36 Chambers yellow and black matching scarf and sweater. Purchase here.
6. The Foo Fighters holiday season special this year is an Emperor inspired Ginger Metal Sweatshirt, available in red and green, and perfect for rock and black metal fans with a sense of humor. The band also recently announced an upcoming North American Tour so all ye Foo Fighters fans, rejoice! Purchase here.
7. Rise Against are getting into the holiday spirit! Not only is the band set to rock the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas concert this year but they’ve got some great gifts / deals on their web store: Heartfist Stocking, ornament and 20 percent off select merch through December 13th. Purchase here.
8. Two-tone ska legends Madness have brought cheer to our ears for with classic songs like, “Our House,” and “It Must Be Love.” Now you can treat the ska nerd in your life to their classy, exclusive Christmas jumper (sweater). Trust me, they will thank you. Purchase here.
9. Your favorite indie folk darling, Jenny Lewis has some adorable Christmas merch this year! From cozy sweatshirts, soft T-shirts, and a mug to chug that adult cocoa, you can’t go wrong with any of these selections. And by the way, Jenny resembles the Little Mermaid on her merch! Purchase here.