We’re getting closer to our favorite time of year! The Hollywood Bowl has revealed their highly anticipated 2023 lineup, and per usual, it’s dazzling with a beautiful gumbo of eclectic (and electric) artists, bands and events!
The 2023 Hollywood Bowl summer season will kick off June 10 with one of our favorite Queens in music, Janet Jackson, joined by special guest rapper Ludacris and featuring an exciting appearance by musicians of YOLA (Youth Orchestra Los Angeles), conducted by Thomas Wilkins.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links.
The Hollywood Bowl will close out their season on Sept. 24 with Los Auténticos Decadentes as part of the KCRW Festival series, but before that will be a set of firework finales including a performance by three-time GRAMMY-winning soul singer and songwriter Maxwell — OMG!
And that’s just a snippet of the fun and thrills to be had at the Bowl.
Who’s Performing at the Hollywood Bowl 2023 Season?
Rounding out the 2023 season at the Hollywood Bowl is vibrant lineup of music artists and blockbuster films with live orchestra including:
Hollywood Bowl Jazz Festival w/ Kamasi Washington, Leon Bridges, St. Paul and The Broken Bones, Digable Planets Poncho Sanchez, Samara Joy and more.
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ Part 2 in ConcertThe Game Awards 10-Year Celebration
The Beach Boys
A Midsummer Night’s Dream with DudamelMaestro of the Movies: John Williams with the LA PhilDudamel conducts Verdi’s RequiemCharlie Wilson w/ En Vogue
An Ellington CelebrationKool & The Gang w/ Village People Sparks w/ They Might Be Giants
Estancia with Dudamel
Gustavo Castillo, baritone, Grupo Corpo
Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky with Dudamel
Café Tacvba with the LA Phil
Reggae Night XXI w/ Beres Hammond, Steel Pulse, Third WorldRhapsody in Blue
Pictures at an Exhibition
Quincy Jones’ 90th-Birthday Tribute: A Musical CelebrationAll-RachmaninoffA Live Presentation of 2001: A Space OdysseyWalt Disney Animation Studio: The Concert
Portugal. The Man, Chicano Batman, Say She She
Elgar and Beethoven
Joe Bonamassa with orchestra
Sibelius and Grieg
Rubén Blades & Roberto Delgado Big Band
Maggie Rogers, Alvvays
Shostakovich and Dvořák
My Morning Jacket, Fleet Foxes
Chris Thile and Appalachian Spring
Joe Hisaishi and La mer
Smooth Summer Jazz, Dave Koz and Friends
Beethoven at the Bowl The Four Seasons
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in Concert Air Supply, Michael Bolton
Mozart Under the Stars
Buddy Guy, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram
Bach and Mendelssohn
Fireworks Finale w/ MaxwellThe Planets
Jacob Collier with the LA Phil
Sing-A-Long Sound of Music
Promises featuring Floating Points with Shabaka Hutchings & more
Los Auténticos Decadentes
Get more details on all the events at the Hollywood Bowl!
When Do Hollywood Bowl Tickets Go On Sale?
If you’re wondering how to get tickets to the Hollywood Bowl, we have the entire breakdown of tickets sales for you. For those that have never been to the Hollywood Bowl, tickets go on sale in a staggered method, chose below which best suits your show-going needs!
1. Group sales are available now — This highly recommended option is for groups of 10 or more. We love this option if you have a birthday or anniversary to celebrate, or want to do something special for your employees! Additionally, you will receive a 20% discount on select seats for most concerts (based on availability), as well as special incentives for groups of 25 or more.
2. New subscriptions are available now — What is a Hollywood Bowl subscription? When you purchase a subscription package, you’ll get access to the best seats at the best prices to all of the concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. The Hollywood Bowl’s subscription packages offer the best value if you’re looking to purchase a handful of concerts (from 3 to 5).
3. Create Your Own” packages available March 14 – If you already know you’re going to attend at least three concerts at the Hollywood Bowl, you need to jump on this option. This option will grant you reduced fees translating to one low fee–no per-ticket charges to any show you wanna attend at the Bowl!
4. Single-ticket sales will be available on May 2 — Mark your calendars! This is usually the most popular and cost-effective method for concert-goers who can’t commit to a subscription or “create your own” package. On May 2 you can buy tickets to any Hollywood Bowl show that has not sold-out. Tickets can bought at the box office or online.
5. How about how to get free tickets to concerts at the Hollywood Bowl?! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and / or Facebook to enter our giveaways for tickets to the Bowl and more. You can also contact us here to be the first to know when we drop a giveaway.
The following shows at the Hollywood Bowl are currently on sale (as of Feb. 7):
- Louis Tomlinson
- King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
- Jill Scott
As previously reported, Janet Jackson and The Beach Boys will each perform at the Hollywood Bowl on different dates. Ms. Jackson’s concert sold-out in minutes, but tickets for The Beach Boys are currently available for subscribers.
Programs, artists, prices and dates subject to change. Ticket limits may apply. Please visit the Hollywood Bowl’s website for more detailed information.
Why We Love The Hollywood Bowl
The Hollywood Bowl is one of the best venues in Los Angeles, and easily the best outdoor venue in Los Angeles and beyond. We love the Bowl for many reasons, including its beautiful outdoor setting, its rich history and cultural significance, and the wide range of musical acts and events it offers. Not only is it filled with Angelenos that love music and the arts, but it is quite the experience for those traveling to visit our great city of Angels.
From the stage to every inch of the Bowl, it’s all a thrill! We love running into our friends and colleagues at the Bowl. It’s a great place to see familiar faces and make new friends, especially if you buy two seats in a box — you never know who’s going to be sitting next to you! And don’t be surprised if you see celebs like Brad Pitt, Natasha Lyonn, Shirley Manson, Alfie Allen and a lot more. Those were just some of the actors and music artists we saw seated in the boxes at the Hollywood Bowl last year.
The Hollywood Bowl is one of the largest natural amphitheaters in the world, offering incredible acoustics and stunning views of the surrounding hills and cityscape. It is also a beloved cultural institution, having hosted some of the biggest names in music and entertainment over the years, from classical musicians and opera singers to popular rock, hip hop, pop, electronic, and jazz performers. Additionally, the Hollywood Bowl is known for its festive and relaxed atmosphere, making it a great place for families and friends to come together for a night of entertainment and enjoyment.
And the food and drink selections at the Hollywood Bowl are ahhhmazing! You can order directly form your box with a waiter, or you can walk over to the market to grab your own eats and drinks, and even dine on meals from James Beard Award-winning chef Suzanne Goin and restauranteur Caroline Styne. The list goes on!