Grimy Goods’ monthly picks for the best new indie songs and underground songs of the month is the Spotify playlist you need if you love exploring new music. We’re all about supporting our local Los Angeles music community, and fellow underground artists from across the U.S. and around the globe.
Discover new music from indie bands, underground artists and sometimes a big name or two. Our monthly Best New Indie Songs of the Month playlist features all genres including punk, goth, garage rock, hip hop, psych rock, electronic, indie pop, chill wave, folk, instrumental, shoegaze — you name it, if the track is dope, it should be on our list.
Our Best New Indie Songs of the Month Spotify playlist is updated for every month. New songs are added as they drop; sometimes daily, sometimes weekly. If you loved a particular playlist of the month, visit our “Archive Songs” Spotify playlist folder.
Social & Blog Promotion
Every week, we share 10-20 select songs via Grimy Goods Instagram Stories and via an Instagram post where featured bands and labels get a mention. Be sure to follow Grimy Goods Instagram for that mention!
Grimy Goods founder and editor, Sandra Burciaga Olinger curates our Best New Indie Songs of the Month playlist. Additionally, she shares weekly song selects via her personal Instagram account which has over 60,000 followers and reaches a highly engaged and more mature audience.
At the end of the month, the featured songs are once again shared via our socials, heavily via Instagram. A Best New Songs of the Month blog post is created, as well as an email blast listing all the songs, including the playlist to stream.
Submit Your New Song
Follow the directions below to: submit your song, or your artist / band’s song to be featured on Grimy Goods’ Best New Indie Songs for the Month Spotify playlist.
- Follow our playlist
- Add your song to our collaborative Spotify playlist
- If your song has been added you will see it on our Best New Indie / Underground Songs of the month playlist. You will also get mentioned in our Instagram Stories and possibly an Instagram post — so be sure to follow our ‘Gram.
- We DON’T notify you if the songs was added, and please don’t email us about it. Follow the playlist, follow our Instagram — and you can check for yourself.
- DO NOT email us an attachment of your track. This is the only way to be considered.
- MAKE SURE the song release is consistent with the current month.
- DO NOT submit songs from past months or future months.