Summer has officially arrived, and one of the best places to be during the summer (actually, all year round) is Los Angeles. This great city will allow you to hit the trails, the beach and the desert all in one day while boasting the best pool parties, music festivals and a plethora of fun outdoor activities. While the photos below depict what L.A. summers are all about, it’s actually a humble brag to our amazing city. Los Angeles has it all.
Check out below 30 photos that prove L.A. summers are the best.
1. Babes crowd surf at beachside music festivals in bikinis, all the while working on their tan.
2. From the hills to the downtown L.A. rooftops, our chill and swanky pool parties rule.
3. Our outdoor concerts kick ass: no rain, no humidity, no crazy wind — just perfect weather for live music.
4. From the ocean to the mountains and to the desert, we have all the primo camping spots at our disposal.
5. Oh, and we can drive to the beautiful beaches of Mexico whenever we want.
6. Even though we have miles and miles of beaches, sometimes we just want to chill at our many state parks.
7. Booty shorts are normal here.
8. Our epic weather and scenery are perfect for motorcycle rides (even on the Sunset Strip).
9. We encourage all sorts of dancing.
10. We are the land of cute bearded men.
11. Surfing. Duh.
12. Our summer nights will make you jump for joy. No jacket or sweater necessary.
13. Every rec room has a pool table, a big sunny window, a Mexican blanket, and a babe.
14. We can jump in our cars and quickly drive to Joshua Tree to camp in teepees under a blanket of stars.
15. Our hip hop shows are bangin’ and plentiful.
16. Our babes our more stylish than yours.
17. We have plenty of drunk bros to keep us entertained.
18. Again, so many stylish babes.
19. So many beach bunnies.
20. So many punk goddesses.
21. Even the toddlers here are cool.
22. We have the best ice cream men (that includes your local paletero).
23. We have a lot of this greatness.
24. From Angeles Forest to Griffith Park all the way to the Santa Monica mountains, we have endless hiking trails that boast gorgeous city and ocean views.
25. We have the best music festivals (and you don’t get rained on and muddy).
26. Believe it or not, we actually have some beautiful lakes (and beautiful boys).
27. We have plenty of skating and guitar playing. Just take a walk on the Venice boardwalk to witness it all.
28. The best outdoor brunches and patio drinks. Chose the beach, city or mountains on any given day.
29. Our Sunday Fundays heavily consists of BBQs, lounging and coolers filled with beer.
30. Even our goths strip down to a “lighter” black.
What’s your favorite thing about summer in Los Angeles? Let us know your humble brag (or hate) in a comment below.