In just three days, the first annual Wanderlust Festival will commence in the scenic mountains of Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe. Unique to any other music festival, Wanderlust combines yoga and musical performances. What better way to sweat out your hangover than some energetic vinyasa? Even better, why not have your instructor be Spearhead’s Michael Franti!?! Check out the variety of yoga classes and famed instructors at wanderlustfestival.com.
As for the musical line-up, I’m thoroughly impressed! A few musts on my list: Spoon, Amanda Palmer, The Honey Brothers, Girl Talk, Andrew Bird, Jenny Lewis, Broken Social Scene and then some. Not to mention, the bands may stop at midnight, but the party sure as hell don’t stop! We’ll be shaking our asses to the sounds of some DJ madness at Late Night at Wanderlust. Yoga and a dip in the lake in the morn, now sounds even more attractive.
- Yoga mats and any props you would like to have. Props will not be provided except in the meditation space.
- Comfy, lightweight clothes for day and warm clothes for night. It can get chilly once the sun goes down.
- Swim Suit! There’s pools and hot tubs at the Village at Squaw and at the High Camp VIP facility (and a big ass lake called Lake Tahoe).
- Comfy shoes! There’s lots of beautiful walking and hiking trails.
- Reusable water bottle. There’s plenty of refilling stations, and the Tahoe tap water is excellent!
- Sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. The sun is strong at 8,200 feet. Get tan, not burned.
- Rain? Yep it might rain. Let’s pray it doesn’t, although I’m sure it would be just as fun if not more. Who doesn’t like to get wet n wild?
Stay tuned, we’ll be tweeting the event and coming back with three days of awesome photos, videos and interviews! Hollah!