Contestants and winner will be posted by December 31, 2010.
What fun is it when it’s only music blog contributors and corpo music magazine staff saying who graces the best albums of 2010 lists? Grimy Goods has always believed in “the honest opinion here and spreading the good word.” We’re not blinded by advertising dollars or brown-nosing record labels and publicists, we tell it how it is whether good or bad and we know that many of our readers, Facebook fans and Twitter followers feel the same way. We wanna hear from you! Grimy Goods is picking five lucky contestants to be part our our * Readers Choice: Best Albums of 2010 contest.
If you consider yourself a music aficionado, music snob and/or lover of music, we want to know what your 20 best albums of 2010 are! The five chosen contestants will be featured on Grimy Goods with their list of 20 albums. Of the five contestants, one lucky winner will be chosen by the Grimy Goods staff for a super-killer-prize-pack (the best we’ve given away yet). The contents of this prize-pack may or may not include some of the many items we’ve given away this year: i.e. sneakers, albums, cameras, concert tickets, clothing, vinyl & more!
How to Enter the Contest:
You must have a Twitter or Facebook to enter the contest. First make sure you’re following Grimy Goods on Twitter here and/or “like” our Facebook page here. Email your response on our Contact Page. Choose “Contests” as the subject line option and in the body of your email include the following:
- Contest: Readers’ Choice: Best Albums of 2010
- Your full name
- A list of your 20 best album choices of 2010 in alphabetical order by band name. Must include band, album and label (i.e. The National – High Violet (4AD)).
- Twitter name (if you have one)
- Any links you’d like us to link you to (i.e. Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, blog, etc.)
- Photo of yourself or an image to represent you.
Good luck! And we look forward to your 2010 picks!
* This contest is only open to U.S. readers (for shipping reasons). We will pick our five contestants by Thursday, December 16. You can include EPs as part of your list too. You don’t need to number them from 1-20 (we know it’s tough) but if you want to, go for it.
Winning prize includes: a pair of Vans Customs (design your own kicks!), a gift cert to the one-and-only Amoeba Music, various 2010 releases from some of our favorite labels and a pair of tickets to the show of your choice from our promo list! Cheers!